Breaking Bulletin
Home / Accident / 2 Sisters die due to Asphyxiation in Odisha
2 Sisters die due to Asphyxiation in Odisha

2 Sisters die due to Asphyxiation in Odisha

2 Sisters die due to Asphyxiation in Odisha

In a tragic incident, two women were killed of suffocation after their house caught fire in Bantala Bazaar of  Angul District in the wee hours on Thursday.

The two deceased have been identified as Bimala Gaana and Ujjwala Gaana, orphan sisters both of whom were daily wage labourers. The two sisters were staying at their brother’s house after their parent’s demise.

At first, their neighbours saw smoke billowing out of their house and broke open the door to rescue the fire victims before informing the fire personnel and police.

The two sisters were found lying unconscious in a corner of the house, whereas all their household items were gutted in the fire. They were immediately rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared them brought dead.

Locals suspect fire from lantern or lamp place in the room.The deceased had no sign of burn injury. They might have died of suffocation.

Meanwhile, the district administration has come forward to conduct the last rites of the deceased.  The locals are demanding compensation for the family.

About Srinivas Mohanty

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll To Top